Aggressive Defense for Government Contractors Nationwide and Overseas.
Free Initial Consultation 1-866-601-5518.
Many government contractors are facing more False Claims Act allegations or allegations of fraudulent procurement actions. This is a very serious allegation. Companies without the proper legal advice or those not aware of their rights can be in serious trouble.
The law offices of Watson & Associates, LLC provides high-level False Claims defense FCA lawyers for federal government contractors involved in Whistleblower law case, White Collar Crime, and procurement fraud cases.
- Aggressive legal analysis and credible legal advice
- Legal representation at a fraction of the cost of larger law firms
- We put together a sound legal team for high-stakes cases
- Our FCA lawyers and SEC whistleblower attorney serve as outside counsel to company lawyers in cases involving federal contracts.
Without the proper legal advice, it is almost impossible to overcome the Department of Justice’s aggressive efforts to stop contractor allegations of defrauding the government. Getting help with subpoenas and responding to the government’s request is essential to how a criminal case came end up.
With law offices in Washington, DC and Colorado, our FCA defense lawyer provides high-level legal services by assembling a team of experienced attorneys that understand the various steps in the process. See 31 USC 3729 –3733 The law firm helps clients to:
- Defend against the Agency’s mere accusation of a scheme
- Overcome Agency failure to meet the burden of proof
- Avoid pitfalls of using a FOIA request to prove your case
- Renew your company’s reputation
- Minimize the possibility of criminal penalties
- Capture commonly overlooked defenses to a false claims charge.
- Properly defend your case if due to properly exercised business judgment
Defense Contractor Fraud FCA Lawyer Defense Services
False claims can arise from a variety of reasons in federal government contracting. For example allegations of defense contractor fraud for violating SBA 8(a) program regulations or HUBZone laws could lead to false claims charges. When employees of other contractors file Whistleblower cases, you want and FCA lawyer that understands not only criminal law but also the unique areas in federal procurement. These are situations where our government contract law attorneys can help.
Criminal False Claims statute violations can stem from a variety of situations including bid rigging, defective pricing, cross charging, product defects and submitting fraudulent invoices. Our DC False Claims Act lawyers and qui tam attorneys have experience in government procurement from both working for the other side and representing contractors.
Our procurement and Whistleblow lawyer services include representation in:
- FCPA Anti-Corruption Act Defense
- Export Administration matters
- International Contracting
- Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Procurement Fraud and Wire Fraud Defense
- Procurement Integrity Act disputes
- Contractor ethics policy and compliance in government acquisition
- Defense contractor fraud help for Dubai, Afghanistan, Iraq and Saudi Arabia government contractors
- Acting on your behalf with the agency
- Billing disputes in Department of Defense procurement
- Defending against health care fraudulent allegations
- Cost accounting guidance & Services
- Contractor defense
- HUBZone Program matters.
- SBA 8(a) Program
- Construction fraudulent claims
- Defense Contracting Fraud
- Defective Pricing
- Export Control
- Civil Litigation
Avoid Costly Legal Mistakes. Call our Government Contractor qui tam attorneys and FCA lawyers for a FREE Initial Consultation. 1-866-601-5518.
When an agency such as the Department of Justice launches an investigation for defense contractor fraud against contractors for false claim and white collar crime violations, you have to be adequately prepared to respond to claims by whistleblowers without waiving your legal rights. At Watson, our defense contract qui tam attorneys also help your civil lawyer to understand the unique rules of federal contracting laws.
What are the legal elements of the False Claims Act?
- Knowingly presenting (or causing to be presented) to the federal government a false or fraudulent claim for payment;
- Knowingly using (or causing to be used) a false record or statement to get a claim paid by the federal government;
- Conspiring with others to get a false or fraudulent claim paid by the federal government;
- Knowingly using (or causing to be used) a false record or statement to conceal, avoid, or decrease an obligation to pay money or transmit property to the federal government
What Are the Statutes Of Limitations for Filing a False Claims Act Whistleblower (FCA) / Qui Tam Lawsuit?
Under the FCA, an action must be filed within the later of the following two time periods:
Six years from the date of the violation of the Act; or
Three years after the government knows or should have known about the violation, but in no event longer than ten years after the violation of the Act.
What Civil Penalties Under the Federal False Claims Act? Violators of the FCA are liable for three times the dollar amount that the government is defrauded and civil penalties of $5,000 to $10,000 for each claim. A plaintiff can receive between 15 and 30 percent of the total recovery from the defendant, whether through a favorable judgment or settlement. To be eligible to recover money under the Act, you must file a qui tam lawsuit. Informing the federal government is not enough to get a recovery. Plaintiff’s only recover money if the government recovers.
What is the process? A whistleblower lawsuitor qui tam action must be filed in federal district court. After the case is filed, then a copy of the complaint, along with a written disclosure statement of substantially all material evidence and information in the whistleblower’s possession, must be served on the U.S. Department of Justice and should also be served on the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the district in which the action is brought.
The case is filed “under seal” for at least 60 days. The only persons privy to the information would be the federal government. Afterward, the Department of Justice will investigate plaintiff’s allegations. In the case of government contractors, as the defendant, the contractor will not be made aware of the case at the beginning. The 60-day seal period may be extended if the government so requests.
During the period in which the action is kept under seal, the government investigates the allegations, often with the assistance of the attorney retained by the whistleblower, and decides whether it will join, or “intervene,” in the case. The government intervenes in only a small percentage of qui tam lawsuits.
Additional FCA Claim and Qui Tam Lawsuit Information for Contractors
- FCA Penalties
- False Claims Subcontractor Liabilities
- Internal Control Policy and Government Contractor Ethics
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Penalties
- Internal Corporate Investigations
- Service Disabled Veteran Fraud
Contact Our CO & DC False Claims Lawyers & Whistleblower Defense Attorneys
Contact us or call our Washington DC False Claims Act lawyers and Whistleblower defense attorneys at 1-866-601-5518 or 202-827-9750 to schedule your free, confidential consultation to discuss a pending Qui Tam lawsuit today.