Nationwide Defense Procurement Lawyers. We Can Build a Solid Team That Includes Former Prosecutors and Government Contracts Lawyers.
Call Today 1(866) 601 5518.
Getting charged with False Claims Act violation can prove extremely expensive to government contractors. Getting the best federal criminal defense attorney on board should be done right away.
- Have you made an honest mistake on your invoice?
- Do you understand the process and how to protect your legal and constitutional rights?
- Even at what appears to be a simple inquiry from the government, your employee reporting fraud can eventually turn into a serious federal criminal issue.
- Companies without the proper legal advice or those not aware of their rights can be in serious trouble and risk facing serious False Claims penalties
The law offices of Watson & Associates, LLC provides high-level Federal False Claims defense lawyers for federal government contractors involved in Whistleblower law cases, White Collar Crime, and procurement fraud cases. As whistleblower attorneys, we understand that clients want to know their choices up front and to develop a plan of action that leaves room for developing an effective legal defense.
- Develop a team that includes former federal prosecutors and government contract attorneys
- Whether you are a small business or larger DOD government contract, we can develop a solid team to confront the government
- Get help with False Claims Act defense and Qui Tam Action representation that includes SBA programs and small business issues.
When assessing the penalty for violating the False Claims Act, and without the proper legal advice, it is almost impossible to overcome the Department of Justice’s aggressive efforts to stop contractor allegations of defrauding the government. Getting help with subpoenas, duty of good faith and fair dealing and responding to the government’s request is essential to how a criminal case can end up.
Develop a high-level defense team: When federal contractors face criminal charges or suspension and debarment, we develop a defense team that includes former federal prosecutors and government contractor defense attorneys. We address the serious issues that can potentially cripple the company or end up with jail time. Keeping our clients involved in the process is critical. We have federal criminal charges and defense attorneys on board, government contract lawyers that understand the substantive issues and a support staff that handles the necessary tools to get through the process.
With law offices in Washington, DC and Colorado, our Federal False Claims Act Whistleblower Lawyer provides high-level legal services by assembling a team of experienced federal criminal defense attorneys that understand and represented clients through the various steps in the process. See 31 USC 3729 –3733. law firm helps clients to:
- Defend against the Agency’s mere accusation of a scheme
- Overcome Agency failure to meet the burden of proof
- Avoid pitfalls of using a FOIA request to prove your case
- Renew your company’s reputation
- Minimize the possibility of criminal False Claims Act penalties
- Capture commonly overlooked contractor defenses to false claims charges.
- Properly defend your case if due to properly exercised business judgment
FREE Initial Consultation about a pending Qui Tam action. Call Watson’s Q1-866-601-5518.
Federal Whistleblower Attorney, False Claims Act Lawyer Services
Our procurement and Whistleblower lawyer services include representation in:
- FCPA Anti-Corruption Act Defense
- Export Administration matters
- International Contracting
- Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Procurement Fraud and Wire Fraud Government Defense
- Procurement Integrity Act disputes
- Contractor ethics policy and compliance in government acquisition
- Defense contractor fraud help for Dubai, Afghanistan, Iraq and Saudi Arabia government contractors
- Acting on your behalf with the agency. See information about Bidding on GSA One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services (OASIS Contracts)
- Billing disputes in Department of Defense procurement
- Defending against health care fraudulent allegations
- Cost accounting guidance & Services
- Limitation on government subcontracting
- Wire Fraud Contractor defense
- HUBZone Program matters.
- SBA 8(a) Program
- Construction fraudulent claims
- Defense Contracting Fraud against the United States Government
- Defective Pricing
- Failure to comply with small business subcontracting plan requirements
- Civil Litigation
Avoid Costly Legal Mistakes with Qui Tam defense cases, Call our Government Procurement Attorneys and False Claims Act Defense Lawyer for a FREE Initial Consultation. 1-866-601-5518.
What are the legal elements of the False Claims Statute?
- Knowingly presenting (or causing to be presented) to the federal government a false or fraudulent claim for payment;
- Knowingly using (or causing to be used) a false record or statement to get a claim paid by the federal government;
- Conspiring with others to get a false or fraudulent claim paid by the federal government;
- Knowingly using (or causing to be used) a false record or statement to conceal, avoid, or decrease an obligation to pay money or transmit property to the federal government
What Are the Statutes Of Limitations for Filing a False Claims Act Whistleblower (FCA) / Qui Tam Lawsuit?
- Under the FCA, an action must be filed within the later of the following two time periods:
Six years from the date of the violation of the Act; or
Three years after the government knows or should have known.
Violations under the federal False Claims Act can make your or your company liable and subject to significant penalties. Whether you have a healthcare business or are a government contractor, penalties can include paying three times the amount of the false claim(s), plus an additional penalty of $5,500.00 to $11,000.00 per claim.
If you are involved in healthcare, violation of the FCA will be looked at as a felony punishable by imprisonment, or a fine of $50,000 or less, or both, for each violation. Any individual who receives a benefit, by reason of fraud; makes a fraudulent statement to the government; or knowingly conceals a material fact is liable their particular state for a civil penalty equal to the full amount received plus triple damages.
The federal False Claims Statute protects employees who report a violation under the False Claims Act from suspension from employment, termination, harassment or discrimination, as a result of reporting fraudulent act.
As an employer, you should have policies in place that do not show discouragement of Whistleblower actions. If you are found attacking your employees for filing a QuiTam case, then you would have to defend yourself in court. These are areas where our Qui Tam Whistleblowers lawyers Washington DC can help.
Additional False Claims Act and Qui Tam Lawsuit Information for Contractors
- FCA Penalties
- False Claims Subcontractor Liabilities
- Internal Control Policy and Government Contractor Ethics
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Penalties
- Internal Corporate Investigations
- Service Disabled Veteran Fraud
Contact Our CO & DC False Claims Act Whistleblower Lawyers & Qui Tam Defense Attorneys
For help assessing the penalty for violating the Federal False Claims Act, contact us or call our Washington DC False Claims Act defense lawyers and Whistleblower attorneys at 1-866-601-5518 or 202-827-9750 to schedule your free, confidential consultation to discuss a pending Qui Tam defense lawsuit today.