Overseas and Nationwide Contractor Defense Lawyers. We Can Build a Solid Team of Qui Tam False Claims Act Defense Lawyers That Includes Former Prosecutors and Government Contract Procurement Attorneys.
Legal Help for Individuals and Federal Government Contractors Involved in Criminal Cases and Government Investigations. Call Today 1(866) 601 5518 for Immediate Help
Getting charged with cases involving the Federal False Claims Act violation can prove extremely expensive to government contractors. When you you tried your best to comply with the regulations and SBA programs but still find your company facing IG and Federal investigations, it can be an uphill battle. Not all federal IG and DOJ criminal charges are valid.
- Defense contractors may often find out that the larger firms and traditional defense attorneys are not always familiar with the underlying issues involved in procurement fraud cases.
- We help clients involved in false claims act cases and government investigations involving, SBA small business programs, Service Disabled Veteran Owned contracts, HUBZone Programs and limitations on subcontracting fraud cases.
However, not knowing how to defend against them can cause serious injury to individuals and corporations. At Watson & Associates, LLC we form a team of criminal defense attorneys and government contract lawyers that understand the issues and how to fight back.
Liability usually starts by the government investigation by employees are business rivals. Understanding your rights when meeting with investigators and government law enforcement is critical. Getting the best federal criminal defense attorney on board should be done right away.
- Many federal contractors and individuals quickly find out that traditional criminal defense attorneys may not always be up to speed on federal procurement laws.
- Alleged violations of SBA and government small business programs can lead to prosecutors coming after millions and seeking jail time. This is where we form a solid team to fight back.
We Understand the Underlying Issues and Regulations in Most Criminal Cases and Government Investigations
To successfully get the best outcome of your case, you need an attorney that understands the underlying issues involved in criminal procurement cases. Whether the issues involve SBA small business programs, such as 8(a) and HUBZone, you want to be able to adequately defend against any allegations of wrongdoing.
When criminal charges include submitting false invoices, making false statements or certifications, our False Claims Act defense attorneys can help.
With law offices in Washington, DC and in Denver, Colorado, the law firm of Watson & Associates, LLC provides high-level Federal False Claims Act defense attorneys for federal government contractors involved in whistleblower claims cases, and procurement fraud cases. As government contract fraud attorneys, we understand that clients want to know their choices upfront and to develop a plan of action that leaves room for developing an effective legal defense.
- Develop a team that includes former federal attorneys and government contract attorneys
- Whether you are a small business or larger DOD government contract, we can develop a solid team to confront the government
- Get help with False Claims Act defense and Qui Tam Action representation that includes SBA programs and small business issues.
Government Investigations Lawyers & Federal False Claims Act Defense Attorney Services
The below categories almost always start with government investigations. Watson’s government procurement investigation lawyers help individuals and corporations to prepare for and respond to the government’s allegations. We can build defense teams for:
- FCPA Anti-Corruption Act Defense
- Export Administration matters
- International Contracting
- Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Procurement Fraud and Wire Fraud Government Defense
- Procurement Integrity Act disputes
- Contractor ethics policy and compliance in government acquisition
- Defense contractor fraud help for Dubai, Afghanistan, Iraq and Saudi Arabia government contractors
- Acting on your behalf with the agency. See information about Bidding on GSA One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services (OASIS Contracts)
- Billing disputes in Department of Defense procurement
- Defending against health care fraudulent allegations
- Matters pertaining to being suspended or debarred
- Cost accounting guidance & Services
- Limitation on government subcontracting
- Wire Fraud Contractor defense
- HUBZone Program matters.
- SBA 8(a) Program
- Construction fraudulent claims
- Defense Contracting types of fraud against the United States Government
- Defective Pricing
- Failure to comply with small business subcontracting plan requirements
- Civil Litigation
Avoid Costly Legal Mistakes with the Criminal False Claims Act and Qui Tam defense cases, Call our Government Procurement Attorneys and False Claims Act Defense Lawyers for a Free Initial Consultation. 1-866-601-5518.
When assessing the penalty for violating the False Claims Act, and without the proper legal advice, it is almost impossible to overcome the Department of Justice’s aggressive efforts to stop contractor allegations of defrauding the government. Getting help with subpoenas, duty of good faith and fair dealing and responding to the government’s request is essential to how a criminal case can end up. Find out about avoiding procurement fraud and criminal liability.
Government Contract Fraud and SBA Small Business Programs
When there are criminal charges or government contract investigations based upon QUI Tam alleged violations of government and SBA small business programs, federal prosecutors will almost always add charges for false claims when you have gained access to federal contracts.
Such allegations and criminal charges can include violations of the SBA 8(a) BD Program, criminal charges in the SBA HUBZOne Program, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Program (SDVOSB), or pass-through allegations. See also SDVOSB certification and bid protests.
Such cases require detailed knowledge about the FAR requirements and SBA procurement regulations. Without such legal expertise, your case might be in jeopardy. At Watson & Associates, our false claims act defense lawyers can help. See information about SAM Registration.
Develop a High- Level Criminal Defense Team
When federal contractors face criminal charges or suspension and debarment, we develop a defense team that includes former federal prosecutors and government contractor defense attorneys. We address the serious issues that can potentially cripple the company or end up with jail time. Keeping our clients involved in the process is critical. We have federal criminal charges defense attorneys on board, government contract lawyers that understand the substantive issues and a support staff that handles the necessary tools to get through the litigation process.
With law offices in Washington, DC and Colorado, our Qui Tam Federal False Claims Act Whistleblower Defense Lawyer provides high-level legal services by assembling a team of experienced federal criminal defense attorneys that understand the details of procurement law. We gear up to represent clients through the various steps in the process. See 31 USC 3729 –3733. law firm helps clients to:
- Defend against the Agency’s mere accusation of a scheme
- Overcome Agency failure to meet the burden of proof
- Avoid pitfalls of using a FOIA request to prove your case
- Renew your company’s reputation
- Capture commonly overlooked contractor defenses to false claims charges.
- Properly defend your case if due to properly exercised business judgment
FREE Initial Consultation about a pending case, Call Watson’s false claims act defense lawyer1-866-601-5518.
What are the legal elements of the False Claims Statute?
- Knowingly presenting (or causing to be presented) to the federal government a false or fraudulent claim for payment;
- Knowingly using (or causing to be used) a false record or statement to get a claim paid by the federal government;
- Conspiring with others to get a false or fraudulent claim paid by the federal government;
- Knowingly using (or causing to be used) a false record or statement to conceal, avoid, or decrease an obligation to pay money or transmit property to the federal government
What Are the Statutes Of Limitations for Filing a False Claims Act Whistleblower (FCA) / Qui Tam Lawsuit?
- Under the FCA, an action must be filed within the later of the following two time periods:
Six years from the date of the violation of the Act; or
Three years after the government knows or should have known.
False Claims Act Penalties
Violations under the federal False Claims Act can make you or your company liable and subject to significant penalties. Whether you have a healthcare business or are a government contractor, penalties can include paying three times the amount of the false claim(s), plus an additional penalty of $5,500.00 to $11,000.00 per claim.
If you are involved in healthcare, a violation of the FCA will be looked at as a felony punishable by imprisonment, or a fine of $50,000 or less, or both, for each violation. Any individual who receives a benefit, by reason of fraud; makes a fraudulent statement to the government; or knowingly conceals a material fact is liable to their particular state for a civil penalty equal to the full amount received plus triple damages.
Additional False Claims Act and Qui Tam Lawsuit Information for Contractors
- FCA Penalties
- False Claims Subcontractor Liabilities
- Internal Control Policy and Government Contractor Ethics
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Penalties
- Internal Corporate Investigations
- Service Disabled Veteran Fraud
- Additional information about debarment and suspension
Contact Our Federal False Claims Act Defense Attorneys
For help assessing the penalty for violating the Federal False Claims Act, contact us or call our Washington DC False Claims Act defense lawyers and Whistleblower attorneys at 1-866-601-5518 or 202-827-9750 to schedule your free, confidential consultation to discuss a pending Qui Tam defense lawsuit today.