Are you a government contractor facing small business fraud or other criminal allegations related to procurement? Watson & Associates Washington DC False Claims Act Lawyers Can Help. We offer False Claims Act investigation attorneys who also understand government contracts and procurement laws.
Our team of Qui Tam False Claims Act Defense Lawyers is here to help you navigate the complex legal landscape of Buy American Act and Trade Agreements Act compliance, as well as defend you against procurement fraud allegations such as wire fraud and mail fraud.
With our experience and expertise, you can rest assured that your case will be handled with the utmost care and attention to detail. We understand the seriousness of these charges and will work tirelessly to protect your reputation and business.
Watson & Associates, LLC offers experienced government contract attorneys and False Claims Act defense attorneys. We aggressively represent small businesses and large defense contractors in the United States and overseas. We Can Build a Solid Team of Qui Tam Defense Lawyers and False Claims Act Defense Attorneys That Understand Government Contracting. We Develop a Team to Represent You in Both Criminal and Civil Actions
The Federal False Claims Act (FCA) can be a nightmare for small businesses and large defense contractors. The Department of Justice (DOJ) and Whistleblowers use the FCA as a weapon to target contractors who are doing business with the federal government and who allegedly have committed government fraud. Penalties for violating the FCA can be both criminal and civil.
Washington DC Federal False Claims Act Defense Attorney Services
The below categories almost always start with government investigations. Watson’s government investigation lawyers and False Claims Act defense attorneys help individuals and corporations to prepare for and respond to the government’s allegations. We can build defense teams for:
- FCPA Anti-Corruption Act Defense
- International Contracting
- Buy American Act defense
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Procurement Fraud and Wire Fraud Government Defense
- Procurement Integrity Act disputes
- Contractor ethics policy and compliance in government acquisition
- Defense contractor fraud help for Dubai, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia government contractors
- Acting on your behalf with the agency. See information about Bidding on GSA One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services (OASIS Contracts)
- Billing disputes in Department of Defense procurement
- Defending against healthcare fraudulent allegations
- Matters pertaining to being suspended or debarred
- Cost accounting guidance & Services
- Limitation on government subcontracting
- Wire Fraud Contractor defense
- HUBZone Program matters.
- SBA 8(a) Program
- Construction fraudulent claims
- Defense Contracting types of fraud against the United States Government
- Defective Pricing
- Failure to comply with small business subcontracting plan requirements
- Civil Litigation
- Civil Investigative Demand CID Responses
- PPP Loan Fraud Defense
Avoid Costly Legal Mistakes with the Criminal and Qui Tam False Claims Act defense cases, Call our Government Procurement Attorneys and Federal False Claims Act Defense Lawyers for a Free Initial Consultation. 1-866-601-5518.
Aggressive Legal Defense
Watson & Associates’ False Claims Act defense attorneys represent federal contractors and individuals facing qui tam actions or seeking defense counsel to push back against allegations. We represent contractors in cases involving Buy American Act fraud, Truth in Negotiation Act (TINA), and small business programs (HUBZone fraud, SDVOSB fraud, and SBA 8(a)BD fraud). We serve on a clients’ criminal defense team and aggressively fight back in Qui Tam Whistleblower cases. See Information on Grand Jury Indictments.
False Claims Act Investigation Attorneys
Not all federal IG and DOJ criminal charges are valid. We understand that. However, federal prosecutors do not have any problems pursuing your case whatsoever.
- Defense contractors may often find out that the larger firms and traditional defense attorneys are not always familiar with the underlying issues involved in procurement fraud cases.
- Our false claims act investigation attorneys help clients involved in False Claims Act cases and government investigations involving, SBA small business programs, Service Disabled Veteran Owned contracts, HUBZone Programs and limitations on subcontracting fraud cases
The accusation by the former employee, often referred to as a “Whistleblower” or“Qui Tam relator“, will include allegations of major fraud against the federal government, contractor violation of the Buy American Act, or contractor fraud under one of the SBA’s small business program. In any event, having a federal False Claims Act whistleblower defense attorney who understands the procurement process and FAR regulations can be a tremendous benefit to your company. Having that ability to push back against federal prosecutors and investigators forcefully gives you a sound advantage throughout a federal criminal investigation and litigation process. Call our False Claims Act investigation attorneys today for immediate help.
Our False Claims Act Defense Lawyers Only Represent Federal Government Contractors
Watson & Associates Qui Tam False Claims Act and Whistleblower Defense attorneys defend government contractors facing allegations of violating Buy American Act compliance regulations, submitting fraudulent invoices to the government; fraud in the SDVOSB small business program, or even falsely certifying to the federal government in order to obtain federal contracts. See information about false claims retaliation.
Federal False Claims and Qui Tam litigation are tough businesses. What our law firm has found is that even large companies that hire local criminal defense attorneys find themselves paying hundreds of thousands or even millions in fines through settlement or litigation. The problem is that many of the location criminal lawyers do not fully understand federal procurement regulations or laws. As a result, the contractor cannot aggressively push back against federal investigators and prosecutors. This is where Watson &. Associates’ False Claims Act defense lawyers can help. See how to comply with GSA TAA compliance requirements.
Trade Agreements Act compliance investigations: Oftentimes, manufacturers, suppliers and contractors sell products to the Government that may not comply with the US Trade Agreements Act and Substantial Transformation. At Watson Associates, our False Claims Act TAA Compliance lawyers represent large and small business facing investigations, criminal indictments and or convictions.
PPP Loan Fraud Defense
PPP Loan fraud occurs when individuals or entities purposely misapply for a PPP loan, misrepresent the information on an application, or misappropriate the use of funds. It is important to be aware of this fraudulent activity because it can have serious implications for both lenders and borrowers alike.
For example, when a lender approves a loan based on false or inaccurate information provided by the borrower, they may face legal consequences if the borrower does not properly use the money as it was intended. Similarly, if a borrower claims a higher amount than what is allowed under the program guidelines in order to receive more funding than is actually needed, they could be subject to criminal charges. In addition, any misuse of funds from PPP loans can lead to stiff penalties, including civil and criminal liability. See information about how to handle civil investigative demands.
With law offices in Washington, DC and Denver, Colorado, the law firm of Watson & Associates, LLC provides high-level Federal False Claims Act defense attorneys for federal government contractors involved in whistleblower claims cases and procurement fraud cases. As government contract fraud attorneys, and Qui Tam defense lawyers, we understand that clients want to know their choices upfront and to develop a plan of action that leaves room for developing an effective legal defense.
- Develop a team that includes former federal attorneys and government contract attorneys.
- Whether you are a small business or a larger DOD government contract, we can develop a solid team to confront the government.
- Get help with False Claims Act defense and Qui Tam Action representation that includes SBA programs and small business issues.
When assessing the penalty for violating the False Claims Act, and without the proper legal advice about CIDs or the legal process, it is almost impossible to overcome the Department of Justice’s aggressive efforts to stop contractor allegations of defrauding the government. Getting help with subpoenas, duty of good faith and fair dealing and responding to the government’s request is essential to how a criminal case can end up. Find out about avoiding procurement fraud and criminal liability.
Washington DC False Claims Act & Buy American Act Compliance Representation
As a government contractor, you can face serious charges (civil and criminal) for violation of the Buy American Act. Not only are the investigations intrusive but the company’s reputation can be at risk. The Department of Justice and other law enforcement agencies spend a substantial amount of time investigating False Claims Act cases involving Buy American Act fraud.
When looking at your day-to-day operations, you can be found in violation of the Buy American Act and the U.S. Trade Agreements Act, if the Government would not have purchased the goods from your company if it had known of the violations. As qui tam defense attorneys, we help with disputes about whether your company was a manufacturer and whether the cost of your components was over the required percentage (50 0r 60%).
- If you are an overseas or US government contractor, we can help.
- We help small businesses and large government contractors.
- We help local companies and overseas manufacturers.
False Claims Act Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations for a False Claims Act qui Tam case is governed by 31 USC , Section 3731(b).
“A civil action under section 3730 may not be brought—
(1) more than 6 years after the date on which the violation of section 3729 is committed, or
(2) more than 3 years after the date when facts material to the right of action are known or reasonably should have been known by the official of the United States charged with responsibility to act in the circumstances, but in no event more than 10 years after the date on which the violation is committed,
whichever occurs last.”
In determining which limitations period applies to an FCA action, courts examine the time at which either the relator or the government became aware or knew of the violation.
Additional Information for Contractors
- FCA Penalties
- False Claims Subcontractor Liabilities
- Internal Control Policy and Government Contractor Ethics
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Penalties
- Internal Corporate Investigations
- Service Disabled Veteran Fraud
- Additional information about debarment and suspension
Contact Our Qui Tam Defense and Federal False Claims Act Defense Lawyers
For help assessing the penalty for violating the Federal FCA, contact us or call our Washington DC False Claims Act investigation attorneys and TAA BAA Buy American Act attorneys at 1-866-601-5518 or 202-827-9750 to schedule your free, confidential consultation.